Last day at work today and i wanted to make something sweet for all my friends and colleagues at work place. I made Oreo Truffles.
To make 30 pieces of Oreo Truffle, you will need.
- 450 Gms of Oreo (original is the best)
- 200 gms of Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Melted Chocolate for dipping the truffle
- Sugar Beads for garnishing
- Using a food processor, crush together the Oreo biscuits. I bashed up mine in a zip lock and a rolling pin.
- Add cream cheese to the Oreo crumble and mix well.
- Add a splash of vanilla extract and mix again.
- Shape the truffle mixture into small balls or into mini cups using tart mold and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, heat the chocolate over a double boiler or melt it in the microwave. If you are using the latter, ensure that you check after every 30 secs. Temper the chocolate and bring it down to about 35 degree Celsius.
- Put in the truffles and coat well with the chocolate. Drain off excess chocolate and place on aluminium foil.
- Sprinkle the sugar beads on top and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or even overnight.
- Place the truffles in a mini cupcake liner and serve chilled.
Every single journey that I’ve embarked on, I’ve learned something new.
Hope the new journey i’m setting my foot on, turns out to be fruitful and may all of us succeed in all our endeavors. Wish me luck friends!